Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Time For Another Adventure

I'm moving soon (against my will) and I'm kind of pissed off about it. Right now I'm living in what I think I could describe as my dream house. I've been here for almost a year, and I could maybe be happy here forever. But that's not an option, so on to the next chapter. I have to go through the base to find a place, and they only had two houses for me to choose from (we don't know why they only have two, but I'm sure it's not worth asking about). I saw one house earlier this week and almost needed therapy afterwards -- wow. Scary. And I saw the other one today (pictured above, with my car sideways in the parking spot, because I can't get it to fit in straight). It's big and nice enough and in a very quiet neighborhood. If I can just get over the Mickey Mouse curtains, I think it will grow on me. It's hard to move out of your dream house, so I think anything would be disappointing. I'm hoping that if I just move and get it over with, I'll be relieved and happy to be in a place that I can stay in for a while, so I'm going to ask permission to move in less than two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment