Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2005

A Little Painful Tasting

An Italian restaurant that I really like just translated its menu into English. That's always a relief to find because not many places have English menus, and that makes dining out risky. As I looked through the menu for something that I would like, I found a few items to share with my blog readers. I wish I could have copied down the whole menu, but not wanting to offend anyone, I just snapped this quick picture as evidence.

The first item is a 4-cheese pizza, and the description says "It is a pizza that can enjoy itself over four kinds of cheeses that a favorite cheese likes."

The second item (I don't know what it is) says "It is a pizza of a little painful tasting that uses the herb sausage and the broccoli."

Ummm...ok. I know you don't believe me that you find this kind of crazy English all over Japan, but I'm telling you -- you can't go one day without seeing something nutty. I don't really know, but I think it has something to do with word order in sentences and how it's different in English and Japanese. Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment