Pages

Monday, February 14, 2005

Quite Moved

Well, it was sad. Really, really sad. And traumatic. I cried like I did when I got offered this job. And like I did when I left the States for Japan. And like I did when I left the States to come back to Japan after my first home leave. And they cried like they've probably never cried before in public. It was horrible.

My neighbors threw a little party for me and gave me letters and gifts. They stood out in the street with me for four hours while I watched the movers put (almost) everything I own into a truck. We played soccer and made plans to spend time together in the near future. And when it was time for me to drive away, they ran beside my car for about three blocks, yelling my name and waving.

My new neighborhood seems great and my neighbors have already visited me 500 times. I like my house and I'm slowly getting unpacked. I skipped my class tonight so I could come home and spend time here -- I feel like I need to hang out and let this new little life grow on me a bit.

I don't have much to say, but I wanted to check in and let everyone know that I moved. I hope that I'll keep adjusting and that this will feel like home, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment