Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Regress

Did I say progress? I guess the process of finding balance involves a little wobbling back and forth. I've felt overwhelmed, exhausted, alone, and pretty lost most of this week.

I did have dinner delivered on Thursday from Dinner at Your Door, courtesy of Groupon. Highly recommended -- this was chicken with brown rice and apple compote, and spiced squash. It came with a gorgeous green salad with Parmesan cheese and tomatoes, and oatmeal raisin cookies. They bring dinner for two, but I've had three meals out of it so far, and there's at least enough for two more full meals. The deal was for deliveries two weeks in a row, so I'll get another dinner next Thursday.

The other pic is my usual dinner. And sometimes lunch. And sometimes breakfast. Peanut butter on Dave's bread. Delicious and easy, but it's getting a little old. I admit it.

I haven't had a run since Monday, so I'm going to take a break from homework and go brave the rain to get one in. I start my new schedule tomorrow -- Sunday through Thursday, noon to 9:00 PM. I know it will be another transition, but I hope I can adjust pretty quickly. I'm not sure what to do but hold on and keep trying to figure it out. It's been four weeks on the job and six weeks since the beginning of school. I just need a bit of a routine, a few hours a week to laugh with friends, some consistent sleep. I'm going to believe that's all coming.

3 comments:

  1. Come over for dinner. Take a deep breath and have some wine and recharge yourself and then go get 'em.

    Or at least come over for Halloween. Screaming is good for the soul. Ask Carl Jung.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Matt, if you can come to Seattle, there's a home cooked meal in it for you. And laughs. OF COURSE.

    A routine helps me. Mine has been off lately and I feel off because of it. It's hard to make time for everything in life, right? Hang in there.

    (I just bought Dave's bread yesterday!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to second to both Matt and Sizzle, come over to Vancouver! When was the last time I see you? It must have been a year...

    Maybe I should drive down and pickup the two on the way... Each of us can make one dish... That sounds fun.

    Anyways, it's okay to take 2 steps forward and 1 step back, you are still moving forward. :)

    ReplyDelete