Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

We'll Get There


The road is long with many a winding turn
That lead us to who knows where,
who knows where
But I'm strong,
strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

So on we go
His welfare is my concern
No burden is he to bear, we'll get there

For I know
he would not encumber me
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

If I'm laden at all
I am laden with sadness that
everyone's heart isn't filled with the gladness
of Love for one another

It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
while we're on our way to there why not share

And the load doesn't weigh me down at all
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

He ain't heavy
He's my brother

9 comments:

  1. He ain't heavy - but he's certainly heavier. It's a lovely photo of you both, LSL, and it's a treat to see you clearly in a picture. My God, though, it was only yesterday you sent me a message of concern about how thin I was getting and here you are, well, half of you anyway... :)

    I do hope things are okay with your Bro'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavens. That wasn't what I had in mind when I posted this. I've still got plenty to spare, I promise. :)

    My brother and I have always been very close. We used to call ourselves twins even though we're nine years apart. He's hurting right now, and my sister reminded me of this song. His welfare is my concern, and no burden is he to bear. He ain't heavy, he's my baby brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire ... never mind. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny those family connections -- the good, the bad, the ups and downs. Big hugs to you both. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post. I hope things are okay.

    And you do look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are blessed to have each other. I know my sister has a big piece of my heart.

    Remember to care for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT's little A? Holy cow I'm even older than I thought!

    Kind thoughts to you both :) Tell him hello and I am thinking of him (as if he remembers me!) We're always strong enough to carry our sibs.

    PS OMG YOU LOOK GREAT!

    ReplyDelete