- I watched a movie tonight. It's so unusual for me to do that, but I did, and it was the third movie I've watched in the last two weeks. It's felt great to sit long enough to watch a movie. Actually, I think it's that it feels good to watch a movie and have my mind engaged and not racing on a million other stresses. They're still there, but I'm mellowing out a bit. There's just too much to worry over; I maxed out and decided I can't keep up so I'm just letting it be. It's a relief.
- The three movies I've watched recently were: Annie Hall, Raising Arizona, and Fair Game, and I enjoyed them all. I think Sean Penn is my favorite actor, and it's saying something that I would have a favorite actor. In my opinion, "famous" is another word for mentally ill, and I have no interest in celebrity of any kind. But I feel moved every time I watch something he's in. It was fun to relax and watch that tonight.
- I'm getting my hairs cut tomorrow. I'm so ready.
- I hate exercising all of a sudden. (Ok, not all of a sudden, but it's bad lately.) Man, I gotta get over that.
- I've been dealing with something really difficult the last couple of weeks - Jules and I have parted ways. So hard. I think she's amazing and I have tremendous respect for her. If you're in Oregon and you want to learn to surf, she's the only option. So now is the time for some pretty deep sadness for me. I've taken a little break from surfing, which is difficult, but I'm doing ok and I'll be back at it at some point soon.
- I don't know where I found this on the Internets, but I like it:
- The dentist appointment went fine. What was I worried about?
- The maintenance man came to fix my dryer this morning and decided to check the washer when he was done. He told me it's broken and hasn't been washing my clothes; it's just been spinning them around. Fun. I wonder how long I've been wearing dirty clothes!