I've made a few resolutions already. I haven't put too much thought into the new year yet, god knows that's coming, but these have been bumping around in my brain for a while. Ready to wonder how old I am? Midlife crisis in three . . . two . . .
- I want to learn to snowboard. I have doubts that it's going to be my thing, but I want to take a lesson or two and give it a shot.
- I really want to learn to ride a skateboard. Fast. Like those girls (below). This sounds like the opposite of what I would enjoy, but I want to try it. How does one go about doing this? I'm not sure. I'll work on this and report back.
- I want to readmorereadmorereadmore. Things that are not on my iDevices. Books and stuff. (Just kidding, that's an inside joke. I mean: books.)
- I want to keep running. Maybe try for a 10k, which will be the farthest distance I will ever run in my entire life, I promise. But I love running (I actually jog, but can we just call it running? It makes me feel more athletic) and I want to keep doing it as long as my knees and hips will let me. A 10k would be a really big accomplishment for me. But most of all, I just want to keep going.
- I want to date more. I started doing the online thing again a couple of weeks ago and had my first date in a while last Friday. Story forthcoming. But I want to put myself out there more. It's important.
- I want to take more risks - in every way. Definitely physically and emotionally. I need to offend more people. I haven't had to apologize enough in 2011. I'm fucking around, but seriously, I've been too focused on being careful. I'm almost 41. What am I waiting for?