Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Why "Crisis"? Why Not "Party"?

I'm still going through my mid-life thing. It's intense and all consuming and, frankly, not entirely pleasant. I was looking up synonyms for "pause" the other day, trying to come up with another word for menopause, which I can't even believe is in my vocabulary, and one suggestion was "coffee break".
 . . .   Also? Intermission, falling out, rupture, suspension system, and jailbreak. There was also a link to a resource that said, "What rhymes with this word?" It turns out thaws, gnaws, draws, straws, and flaws are all mono-syllabic cousins to pause. So I'm all set to have a cappuccino or write a rap song.

6 comments:

  1. You are nuts! You're losing it! What a wild sense of humor. Good, er ahem, luck with this pleasant little season of your life. (Remember, I'll be 50 in three weeks.....I can't believe it...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a Midlife Intermission - where we step outside for an ice-cream or something. I understand I'm not eligible to talk about menopause, but there's been a pause in men for me since 2004 and I'm beginning to wonder just how long a pause lasts before it is reclassified as a stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about a mid-life rebirth? I think you're being born again but not like a Christian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, I like what Sizzle says (um, hee hee).

    Let me know if you ever need to compare war wounds. I think about you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for writing a rap song while drinking a cappuccino. (Double threat!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is one of those things we need to settle the old-fashioned way: with a battle rap. En guarde!

    (Shit. Nothing rhymes with "en guarde." I lose already.)

    ReplyDelete