- I'm back into jogging a bit. My god, it feels good. I'm just at about 2 miles now, but I crave it after a long day, and I love the feeling of taking cold air into my lungs. I've put on some significant weight this past winter and I just appreciate the chance to try to get more physically healthy and to spend time clearing my mind.
- My job. Good gravy, my job. It's fun - which is something I haven't said for a while, y'all. I like it quite a bit. It's very challenging and it takes a lot out of me. I haven't had a job for a long time where I know I am and will be making mistakes. Regularly. It's humbling and hard and good for me. I'm spending too much time at work, but I'm trying to figure that out.
- I wish there was never an offseason. My Portland Trail Blazers did so, so good this year. They gave me so many amazing moments and truly brought me a ton of joy. I can't say enough about how much I appreciated this season and how much I'm looking forward to the fall.
- It's been so long since I've surfed. A year this month. I feel like if my life could have just a little bit of these 3 things in it, I would pretty much be ok in almost all circumstances: surfing, basketball, Al-Anon.
- I've been isolating a bit too much lately. It's hard not to with work - I'm juggling chickens every minute of the day, and when the day is finally over? I don't even want the TV on. I don't want to look at humans, interact, be polite, listen, nod, smile. I just want to be. But I want to learn to do that around others better. It's so much not my natural state, but I'm trying.
- These guys:
Sunday, May 18, 2014
A Few Little Things
It's mid-May, for godsake, I don't know how that happens. I should dig a little deeper, but for now I'm just going to tell you a few little things: