Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Rock of Ages

I leave tomorrow morning for my southern banking center. It's going to be quite a trip and I wish I could talk about it here, but my lips are sealed.

I'm looking forward to the 5-hour drive tomorrow (going the speed limit, of course). I got a set of Japanese language lessons off of iTunes and I'm excited to dig in -- I'm sure it will make the time pass quickly. However, I did notice there are some new Def Leppard releases on iTunes tonight, so now I'm conflicted. You can take the girl out of the 80's, but...

I worked yesterday from 8:15 to 8:30 (and I don't mean for 15 minutes) without a break or lunch. Today I worked from 8:15 to 10:30, but I did manage to go to the restroom at one point. I don't really know what to do about it. I end up really trying to gain proper perspective, I de-stress a little, work three or four 8-hour days, and then get in a tailspin over some crazy issue and find myself back at square one. I'm really working on it, but I'm tired of saying I'm working on it. I feel that way with several issues in my life. Sure, everything is a process, but when do you just live? I don't want to try to live, I want to live. I'm tired of having socially acceptable addictions. I'm going to stop being a workaholic and just shoot heroin.

Anyway, those are my deep thoughts for the night. That, and -- I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggonnit, people like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment