Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Updates

It's been a while so we'll see how this goes. I'm back in town for a few days and am loving it. I moved into my house in February, but today I put up curtains and pictures and am starting to feel like I have a home.

I had a good time on my days off in Okinawa. A friend and I went to find traditional pottery villages and had a great experience drinking green tea (*gag*) with some store owners and then getting to see their workshop. Before Okinawa I spent two days in Tokyo, which was great. I stayed in the Century Hyatt, which was wonderful, and was able to explore Shinjuku on the company's dime while in town for a two-hour meeting. I spent most of my free time in Isetan, a fab department store, and found several items that I couldn't live without.

My overseas contract is up in four months and I'm having a hard time thinking about the future. It's on my mind all the time. I stayed up until 3:00 last night thinking about my choices and trying to understand what I want. I have absolutely no clarity about the situation. I spoke with a close friend today on the phone, and that did help, but I have a lot of change to reconcile with.

Tomorrow two bosses arrive and they'll put me through the ringer -- about twelve hours of auditing. Then it's back on the road for about two weeks. This next TDY sounds kind of fun, so we'll see. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment