Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Mechanically Inclined

Today I switched out the CD burner on my PC. Perhaps I should repeat that. Today I switched out the CD burner on my PC! My new DELL that I (heart) came with a bummed out CD drive, so I ordered a new one, took out the broken drive and replaced it.

This from a girl who occasionally can't figure out which direction the batteries go in the flashlight. Who has to push the cork *into* the wine bottle. Who broke her toe walking into an ottoman last week and then almost broke her finger walking into a wall two days later. I've crashed my car into stationary objects twice in the past year. I accidentally painted my nose this morning while giving myself a manicure.

I feel so empowered. I don't know, maybe it's time to redo the plumbing in the downstairs bathroom. I bet Extreme Makeover: Home Edition has been looking for someone like me. For some reason I just feel like maybe I can make it in this world if I can put a new drive in my PC.

I have to go, I have seven thousand CDs to rip!

No comments:

Post a Comment