Pages

Friday, December 16, 2005

i (Heart) iTunes

I don't really *get* much technology stuff, but I got an iPod this year and have been loving iTunes. (The fact that I just call an iPod "technology stuff" proves my original point, don't you think?) First, there's the immediate gratification. Then, there's the chance to listen to all these different artist for a thirty second preview. And what about the global aspect of it? (Youssou N'Dour -- who knew?)

I've discovered Ani Difranco, Ben Folds, Ben Harper, Ben Taylor, more Craig Carothers, Dar Williams, more David Wilcox, Ella Fitzgerald, Holly Figueroa, Jack Johnson, James Blunt, more Jonatha Brooke, Josh Ritter, Kris Delmhorst, Lori McKenna, Maria Mena (wow!), Mark Erelli, Matt Nathanson, Michael Buble, Monte Montgomery, Nickel Creek, Patty Griffin, Peter Mulvey, Redbird, more Robbie Williams, more Storyhill (check it out), tons more U2, Yo-Yo Ma and Youssou N'Dour.

Who knew? Most of those are artists that I didn't even know existed a year ago, and now I listen to them daily and draw a lot of comfort from their music. How great is that? What else is out there for me to find?

No comments:

Post a Comment