At one point I paid ¥100 for my fortune and got the following, verbatim (a damn good one that I would have paid a lot more for, frankly):
- ILLNESS: You will recover
- PREASURE: You will have a desire fulfilled
- THE PERSON YOU AWAIT: He will comes. If you are (not) honest, he will not come.
- LOST ITEM: You will find if you are honest
- LAW SUITS: You will win
- QUARREL: You will win. If you will be in a hurry, you will lose. You will be careless, you will meet with misfortune.
- BUILDING/MOVE: Good
- MARRIAGE: Good
- TRAVEL: Reasonably
- LIFE AND DEATH: You will be alive
- BUYING/SELLING: Favorable
- TOOL: Gold and silver, money box, sword, fabrics (whatever)
I take this as a good sign. If I didn't like my fortune, I would have wrapped it up and tied it to a tree or to this thing in the picture (a torii?), but for now it's in my pocket waiting to come true.