Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Why?

Here are a few things flying around my mind lately:

  • What in the WORLD is going on with the cartoon protests? VERY sad. When will it stop?
  • The mudslides in the Philippines are devastating. I can't watch the news coverage without groaning and just feeling hopelessly sad.
  • I don't understand the Dick Cheney shooting thing. I just don't. As much as I would like to put rat poison in that guy's coffee, what is going on with all the press? It must be a really horrible, painful personal situation for him, but why are we still talking about it? I think the Administration is so sneaky and secretive that everyone is suspicious, but I don't really care if they're sneaky about this. I care that they are sneaky liars about almost everything else! I'm kind of sickened that the American public is more concerned about him shooting that old dude than the Administration lying to the public about 9/11 and using crazy crap to justify Iraq. Are Americans (even Republicans) complaining about the shooting incident to ease their guilt over supporting the unjustified, never-ending war? What about the response to Katrina? If you're going to complain about something, complain about that. I don't understand why we're focusing on the shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment