Pages

Sunday, September 10, 2006

How Did You Find Me Here?

Greetings to my visitor from Latvia . . . I always wanted to go there . . . and to the person who found my blog by googling "Cute, pink Japanese stuff." Statcounter is scary, isn't it?

There's not much to report but I did want to check in. I may or may not have just returned from another trip to Hawaii, and it's possible that I had another great time. Now it's back to the job search. Actually, the job search never stops, even in my sleep most nights. It's so hard to let go of the worry. If someone could tell me definitively that I would have a job in one month or even three months, I would relax and be so grateful for the time off. As it is now, without the crystal ball or clairvoyant friend, I worry every day. I think I'm doing everything I can do, including searching for hours every day and increasing my search to include a few more cities (instead of just this area of Upstate), so I think the important thing now is to keep hanging in there. Every day or so I think of my old life at my old job (is it right to be kind of happy that I hear rumblings through the grapevine that it's falling apart?), and I think of how I was headed straight for a heart attack. Even though the job thing is not working out like I pictured it would, I'm grateful to be healthier - mentally and physically - than I was just a few months ago. I know it's cliche, but we don't have anything if we don't have our health. I'm so grateful to be in a better place health-wise.

I'm still living with my sister, brother-in-law, pooch and kitty. It's great to be here and they've been amazing to give me so much space and to be so accommodating. Still, it's hard to feel like an adult without a job and a home of my own. Again I wish for the crystal ball. If I could have known ahead of time that I would have a glorious three-month break from my hellish, hellish job, I would be soaking up every minute and not letting worry eat up any part of it. But not knowing when this break will come to an end is the hard part. I'm really mindful of not wanting to wish away time, but I'm struggling with this in-between space.

I'm thinking of getting my camera out and starting to take some pictures of this area. It's really beautiful, and it always makes me see through new eyes when I'm looking for potential pictures. Anyway, that's the update for now. Thanks for sticking around and more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment