Pages

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Maple Frosting and Vanilla Frosting

Yesterday I went to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast and got two donuts and a water. (It's not exactly Mister Donut, but it works in a pinch.) When I finished ordering the clerk looked at me and said, "Wow, I can't believe it." Turns out that she's worked there six weeks and I was the first customer to say "Please" when ordering.

Now. What kind of fresh hell is this? Back in Japan when I h.a.t.e.d. my job, I would often console myself that it didn't require me to wear a shirt that says, "Certified Sandwich Artist." (Not that the job is necessarily bad, but the uniform is a little degrading, in my opinion.) Now I have something new to console myself with when I feel like crap about not having a job. Can you imagine working hard (as I could tell this woman does) every day and going six weeks without common courtesy? People are so rude. It ain't right.

No comments:

Post a Comment