Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Catching Flakes On My Tongue

It's been snowing, snowing, snowing all day. When I came out of my office this evening it was snowing tiny flakes, but everywhere and very hard, and for a split second I had the reaction of a third-grader. I felt pure joy without any of the stress that usually comes with this kind of a dump. Maybe I thought I was going to get to skip school and stay home and play in it tomorrow?

Tomorrow I have an all-day off-site meeting with other local professionals. It's the first of a series of monthly meetings that will continue all year. I'm a little nervous but mostly I'm looking forward to being away from work and with people who don't need anything from me. The gremlins at work, whom I love dearly, have been a bit needy lately.

I'm having more dreams of overseas trips lately. It's strange. I had one of Japan and last night it was Germany. Still peaceful.

Not much today. Just the snow.

3 comments:

  1. i'm glad someone can be happy about it still being f'ing winter outside, 'cause i, for one, am really, really tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting to fall into the winter doldrums lately but last night when I came out of work it was snowing. I enjoyed the slippery walk to the subway thinking to myself "snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes...these are a few of my favorite things."

    I am a musical theatre geek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow on your tongue? At that velocity and rate of snow, you'll have it over your head in a short amount of time. I don't envy you. At all.

    ReplyDelete