Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2008

25th

I guess it was Amy Grant that made me hate the song, "Jingle Bell Rock." Never have I heard someone so in need of a sedative. So I'm listening to holiday music, but not that one, and just enjoying the evening. I really need to go to bed - I return to work on Monday and need to flip my schedule back around so I'm bright-eyed in the morning. But tonight I'm really loving the Christmas tree lights and wanted to get a few thoughts down. 

I had a great holiday meal at my sister's this afternoon, and I came home with my favorite food: leftovers. I can hardly wait until lunch tomorrow to make a big Thanksgiving-like plate and enjoy it all over again. I might have to do it for breakfast. Today we broke up the bouts of eating by going to see Benjamin Button. It's an interesting, pretty unique movie and I enjoyed it, even though I generally hate any movie, no matter how good, over two hours. This one is almost three, so it says a lot that I liked it. And then we came home and ate again. 

I can't go through a holiday now without thinking back to my holidays in Japan. I feel overwhelmed, truly, with how nice my holidays are now. I don't have everyone that I love right here - the balance of my family is still in the Pacific Northwest, and my friends are scattered everywhere, except here I guess - but it's incredibly meaningful to be with my sister and BIL. I can't even say how thankful I am. 

Santa was good to me. I have a new book about Bobby Kennedy and lots of other treats. And I got lots of e-mails, calls and texts from friends. It's so good to be in the States for the holidays!

4 comments:

  1. It all sounds perfect! I'm glad that you enjoyed.... Are you feeling better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leftovers are great no matter when you eat them. Holidays in Japan must have been strange . Sounds like a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. being so far away from my own family is a good/bad thing. on one hand--no drama. on the other hand, some level of loneliness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so does going back to work mean that you're finally feeling better?

    i'm glad you had a good christmas. i hope your n.y's is as awesome.

    ReplyDelete