So I've just been kind of passing the time, which I don't like to do. This is what I've done recently:
- Movies. I saw Away We Go. It's good. Something about it struck me as trying too hard to be really, really arty, but it's a good movie. She's a believable actress.
- I saw Up. Good lord, I bawled during parts of that movie. It got a little long and manic for me, but it's definitely worth it for the beginning.
- I saw (500) Days of Summer. Totally good movie. Best use of a Hall & Oates song. That guy is so expressive. Great flick.
- I went for a few short jogs in the mornings and almost died.
- Then those movies made me kind of depressed about what passes for a good movie and good acting these days.
- I went to yoga and could only finish about 1/3 of the class. I laid on my mat on my back for the rest of the time and I might have cried a little.
- I got my roots colored. Thank god. Back to my natural color.
- I let my cat hang out in the fridge to ensure he wouldn't stroke out.
- I volunteered two more days at that int'l aid org, continuing to hope they'll fall in love with me and hire me. So far it's not working.
- I remembered I am technically a student with student ID and, at the advice of Rhi, I went to see Storm Large's Crazy Enough on the cheap. Wow, Storm is a great, great singer. The show is very good. Performance art like that is always a little awkward for me - I was in the second row and it felt a little vulnerable. But I liked it and felt so lucky to live in a place where that kind of stuff is available to little old me.
- I ate a huge bowl of spumoni ice cream.
I'm also going through another bout of insomnia. This one sucks. When I do sleep I have intense, semi-relevant, crazy, messed up dreams. I would expect these kinds of dreams after a heroin binge. Every last one of you have been in them. Plus every person I went to grade school with, the person who drove in front of me yesterday, my mailman from New York, and Steve from Sex & the City.
The weather looks like it will be turning sometime midweek, so maybe I can get my mojo back.