Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2005

Checking In

Hello from northern Japan. I'm half way through my TDY and having quite a bit of fun, truth be told. It's been a busy week and tonight we installed the computers at the last banking center in Japan. Hallelujah! This project has gone so well and our vendor has been amazing. It's sure fun when it works.

So I'm managing a third banking center while they try to fill a vacancy there. This one is bigger than my normal centers, 22 or 23 people, and I'm really enjoying it. I think I'll be doing this for a while -- flying back and forth every few weeks for the next couple of months. It's been a real test to see if I can handle new kids; I've been working with my current staff so long that we already have the rapport and trust that makes most things run smoothly. The employees at the new center don't know me and have treated me a little like schoolmates in junior high used to treat substitute teachers, but I've worked hard to win them over. It's going very well so far.

My billeting sucks, by the way, so not enough of us crossed our fingers a few posts ago. That's ok, I forgive you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment