Pages

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A Yummy Meme for Everyone

I think I found this by following a commenter on Caveat Emptor's blog, but now I can't retrace my steps. (Why did I ever think I would remember how I got there?) Most of my delicious books are in storage, so bare with me. I can only really remember the stuff I've read lately (lots of popular fiction) or stuff I've read over and over.

I officially tag everyone in the world on this meme because it will uncover lots of great reading for us all. Please leave a note in the comments if you post the meme on your blog so I can come over and get recommendations, too!

1. One book that changed your life: Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl
2. One book that you've read more than once: Naked by David Sedaris
3. One book you'd want on a desert island: Bel Canto by Anne Patchett
4. One book that made you laugh: Operating Instructions by Anne Lamott
5. One book that made you cry: Talk Before Sleep by Elizabeth Berg (and cry, and cry, and cry)
6. One book you wish had been written: The Partly Cloudy Patriot by Sarah Vowell
7. One book you wish had never been written: I can't really think of a book that was so bad I wish it hadn't been written. Maybe my finance text in grad school because it caused me so much pain.
8. One book you're currently reading: A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers; just finished Everyman by Philip Roth
9. One book you've been meaning to read: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
10. One book you'd like to write: something about resilience, it's a fascinating topic. Why do two people who go through the same hardship react differently? How can one thrive and one succumb? What can people do to increase their resilience? I love the concept of self-efficacy.

I'll add:
11. Some of your all-time top ten authors or books: And the Band Played On by Randy Shilts, Lucky by Alice Sebold, something by Haruki Murakami, something by Frederick Beuchner, One for My Baby by Tony Parsons, Running with Scissors by Augusten Buroughs, anything by Jon Krakauer

No comments:

Post a Comment