Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Or $10

I was thinking how great it would be if everyone that could would skip their morning coffee for just one little day and then go here and donate $5. Or $4. Or $3. If every one of you did that, it would be maybe $300! Yipee!

This is my reasoning: think about all the times you've given money to organizations without ever really knowing specifically what happens with it, or even how much of it goes to overhead. You hope it helps, but who knows. This is a fun way to do something small knowing that every penny will end up being put to the best use. I think maybe you should do it right now before you get distracted with something else, and so Dave has time to purchase more supplies before his trip. And while I'm giving advice, I think after that you should go here and read this (not about the Clinic, but a related story.) And then maybe go here and donate again.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for directing my attention to the clinic...I donated made a donation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just sent my donation - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful of you. I got to spend some time with Dave last night, and he told me how well the response has been. Believe me, nobody deserves it better. He's the best kind of friend anyone could want. And on top of all that, he is a good man, a mensch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's working, LSL! I just ordered us some more stuff, including an otoscope, something we've been needing for years but never had the funds for. Thanks, everybody!

    And Glenn: Awwww. Right back at you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great of you to post this. i donated last week when evilganome linked it on his page . . . yay for dave!!

    ReplyDelete