Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The City

I'm pulling myself away from an episode of Queer Eye tonight to write a quick post about my weekend in NYC. My big sister and I had the best time! We went to see some relatives, which was nice, but it was great to get a little time on our own, too. We visited MUJI and Kinokuniya (favorites of mine from my time in Japan), and we ended up going to Little Italy and Chinatown.

We also saw four shows - Mary Poppins, Spring Awakening, Wicked and Hairspray. I loved them all, of course, although I discovered I have a little PTSD from my brother watching the Mary Poppins movie 100,000 times when he was very young. Each show was such a thrill and so positive - I've said this before, but I can't really think of anything that makes me feel as happy and transported as going to a show. Today was hellish at work, and I danced around on my tippy-toes singing "Popular" to myself all day.

I should say that I had one eyeball open for blogger sightings all weekend. I'm just certain that every person I run into in the City is going to be either JMG or Manhattan Chowder, just as I was waiting to see Durban Bud around each corner in DC, and hoping for a Sizzle or a Matter-sighting in Seattle. No dice.

Here are a few vids if you can handle this much yumminess: Wicked, Spring Awakening (my favorite music of all four), Hairspray, and Mary Poppins.

4 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! MUJI! My favourite Muji! That's a must-shop store for me when I'm in Hong Kong or Japan. I didn't know they exist outside Asia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links to the Broadway clips. But, I have to confess, that Mary Poppins looks a lot like Joan Crawford. She scared me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you had fun! :0

    next time you are in the PNW, let's arrange a "sighting." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so behind on reading your blog!!! If only I had known! I'm so glad you had fun in the city. And you're right, there is nothing better than a Broadway musical for what ails ya!

    ReplyDelete