Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Corduroy and Denim

How is it even possible that I forgot to mention that I went to see David Sedaris on Sunday night? It was such a great night - he said he was sick of reading from his latest, When You Are Engulfed in Flames, so he read all stories that haven't been published yet.  There were a couple with a political bent (he's got a hilarious story about the undecided voter), which I enjoyed, and one about walking around Costco with his brother-in-law with 200 condoms and a flat of strawberries in the cart.  I laughed hard for two straight hours.  I adore David Sedaris.

Here's a great Mother Jones interview from last month.


3 comments:

  1. I've seen David talk twice and it makes my face hurt, I laugh so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Get out!" (picture me shoving you like Elaine Benes from Seinfeld) I'm reading David's latest book right now. Well not right at this moment.. but you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw him two weeks ago, he's great! He didn't read this one, but he referred to it, as we were in Amsterdam...

    Did he take as much time signing and talking to everyone afterwards? It took me an hour to get to him.

    ReplyDelete