Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Love Storycorps

With my new template I can't search my blog, so I hope I haven't posted this before. Although if I have, it's worth a second read.

Kottke has all the great links. Julio Diaz got robbed at knife-point in the Bronx earlier this year. "As the teen began to walk away, Diaz told him, "Hey, wait a minute. You forgot something. If you're going to be robbing people for the rest of the night, you might as well take my coat to keep you warm." NPR StoryCorps recording here.

Update: I don't mean to brag, but Kathleen from StoryCorps found my blog and commented on this post! Cool? Very. Check out her comment and the National Day of Listening project. Yay! 

3 comments:

  1. Shoots, you can always search your own site: http://bit.ly/k0pe

    (not a repost, btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is SO weird. i was just this morning saying how much i loved story corps and how it almost always makes me tear up and cry. a called me a wussy little girl. i said, 'so what?'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LSL (and StoryCorps fans),

    I'm writing from StoryCorps to let you know we saw your blog post mentioning one of our stories.

    I wanted to write to let you know about a new initiative we're launching this year that might also appeal to you and your readers. StoryCorps is asking the whole country to set aside one hour on Friday, November 28th, the day after Thanksgiving, to record a conversation with a friend or loved one. We're declaring this day the National Day of Listening. We launched a website (www.nationaldayoflistening.org) with more information and tips for a Do-it-Yourself style interview as well as a video walking through an interview scenario. Since so many Americans aren't able to make it to a StoryCorps recording booth, we're making it easier for everyone to share this experience in their own homes.

    Again, thank you for writing about StoryCorps on your blog. Please share the idea of National Day of Listening and these Do-it-Yourself tools with your readers, family, and friends, helping us make the experience of listening as an act of love even more accessible.

    Also, our founder, Dave Isay, will be reading from his book, Listening is an Act of Love, a compilation of StoryCorps stories tonight at 7pm at the Brooklyn Heights Barnes & Noble ( 106 Court Street, Brooklyn, NY).

    Thank you again,
    Kathleen
    StoryCorps

    ReplyDelete