Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Surf and Other Stuff

  • I went surfing the last Saturday of June. It was heavenly - sunny and hot. I thought that meant it was another no booties day, and I tried hard for about 30 minutes to make it so, but it wasn't meant to be. I had a great time and left a piece of myself in the water that day -- I played around for a few hours, got out to eat a protein bar, and got in and did it all again. I took some baby greens, walked around on my board, and at one point was so anxious to scoot up that I ran right off the end of the board while I was still on the wave. A bit bittersweet, but it was a great day. What's better than surfing? Nothing.
  • In just over a month, I'm headed to Hawaii for 9 days with my BFF. MY GOD, I am looking forward to that time. We've done this trip a few times before, so we're experts on exactly how we like to do it. I can't wait. 
  • I couldn't be more over school. I can't figure out if the entire industry is totally backwards and inside out, or if I'm just really done with being in school. I don't know. We have a brief break in August and I'm going to use it to do some thinking. 
  • Work is pretty much fun. It's a little complicated, but fun. 
  • I don't know about this whole sewing business. I think I'm going to put a few things on Etsy, post here that the shop is open, and see what happens. But - and I don't know if this is just being a perfectionist, or just liking to do things out of enjoyment and not out of having to - I like sewing for myself and for friends more than the thought of sewing to sell things. We'll see. Maybe if I make some cash to support the new-found and expensive fabric habit, I'll start to like it more.
  • I like blogging and reading blogs, but I'm enjoying other forms of social media less and less. I'm sorry. It's not you, it's me. 
  • I'm back to running. Can I say that if I've only been consistent for about 2 1/2 weeks? That's a lifetime in running-consistency for me. I'm slower than I was last year, but I'm doing it 3 - 4 times a week, 3 - 4 miles at a time. I'm really enjoying the whole process. I change into my running clothes at work and go straight to the track. It feels good to breathe in the night air, and if it happens to be a (very) rare warm day, it's cooled off by the time I'm starting.
  • This weekend is a three-day weekend for me because I'm switching from Sun - Thurs to Mon - Fri for work. It's a good thing, because I have about a billion hours of homework to catch up on. So right now I'm sewing. Natch.

3 comments:

  1. Does that mean you were running after midnight based on your old schedule? Hope the new schedule goes well for you. Though I still think that Friday schedule is some serious BS.

    I want to go to Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still jealous! Wish I knew how to surf. And though I've been around, Hawaii was never in the cards for me. Maybe someday. I hear the water sparkles like there's fairy dust in it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to Hawaii! I'm glad you get to get out and have a little vacation from work and school.

    School is seriously BS.

    Yay for getting back into running. I'm going to start that couch to 5k thing probably this week and hopefully get into the habit of running, we'll see though.

    ReplyDelete